No Products in the Cart
A complete life size torso with open back is composed of 27 parts and provides an exceptionally realistic reproduction of anatomical structures in their finest detail. All of the body systems are represented with full accessibility. Significant structures are numbered and referenced on the accompanying key . This model is without question a valuable addition to any biology or anatomy course. The open back exposes muscular layers as well as the vertebral column and associated nerve branches. A thoracic vertebra, including a section of spinal cord, is removable for dose examination of its anatomical details. The head is open and the brain is fully exposed on one side. The neck is dissected to expose muscular, neural, vascular and glandular structures. Significant structures are numbered and referenced on the accompanying key. The dissectible male and female urogenital systems are interchangeable.
Removable structures include the following:
• eye with optic nerve and extraocular muscles
• half of the brain, divided along the longitudinal fissure, showing internal structures and blood vessels
• descending thoracic aorta and esophagus
• right and left lungs (2 parts each), showing the bronchial tree and vasculature liver with gallblader
• half of one kidney sectioned along the frontal plane, showing the internal structure and vessels
• 2-part heart with clear depiction of atria, ventricle, valves and section of heart wall
• stomach dissected in 2 parts
• pancreas, duodenum and spleen with vessels and ducts
• small and large intestines with removable cover portion of caecum
• male and female urogenital system (4 parts each) sectioned medially with excellent views of internal structures
• thoracic vertebra (T12) with spinal cord.